Firstly, my opinion on technology is that in someways, technology is a benefit, but also I believe that one day, technology will take over the world. Technology is a scary system. I hate the fact that in this generation, you have to use the internet (technology) to look things up; to find out different information. Whatever happened to looking through the dictionary to find a word? Now, in class, teacher's are always saying, "Pull out your phone and look up the meaning of this word." Also, instead of watching the news, a lot of people just use there cell phones to find out what is going on through out the world. If you think about it, using your little cell phone, that barely fills your hand, carries the world in it. It's quite terrifying to be honest, thinking this big system, that was made when some of our grandparents were born, has taken over the world. It is so weird that you can communicate with others through out the world. I have friends that live on the other side of the world, just because of one tiny little website. Just think about how weird touch screen cell phones ( computers, tablets, televisions, etc.) are. The fact that your finger print is what you message others with. That is so strange to think. Also another thing about technology is that without technology, we would not be able to buy groceries, we could, but can you imagine how difficult that would be. You'd have to wait forever in line just to buy food. Also, knowing that technology is taking over the world, and people still don't realize it because they're to distracted by there technology. Honestly that is kind of sad, that people are not noticing what is going on with the world because they're to distracted by what is destroying it. Frankly, I'd like to think that technology (internet) is a good thing, but every time I think about it, all I think about is how terrifying it is for this generation.
One thing I'd like to establish also is that, our school's dress code is seriously way to ridiculous. I understand that wearing shorts that show your butt is not a good thing, but when your finger tips do touch the end of your shorts and you still get yelled at because of your shorts, that is way to out of hand. Also, another problem is that even if you show you shoulders, it is like it is a crime. And that rule is completely sexist, think about it, if a boy wanted to wear a tank- top in the summer time, all of the teachers would not say one thing to them, but if a girl did it, it would be the end of the world. Also, I do not understand why it is a rule to not wear crop tops in the summer, I understand in the winter if you'd get yelled at, because it would be cold, but in the summer it is over 90 degrees, we should be able to wear crop tops, an open back, shorts, and we should be able to show our shoulders. It is ridiculous that we also can't wear open back shirts, even if you wear a tank-top underneath them, you still get yelled at. I am surprised we don't have uniforms yet, I honestly wouldn't mind having uniforms. One because, it would be less laundry and I can't express how happy I'd be with less laundry. Also, uniforms would solve all of the dress code problems. Finally, with wearing uniform, we (students) would be able to sleep in a little later because we wouldn't have to pick out an outfit in the morning. I completely understand that the school would have to pay for all of the uniforms, but i am pretty sure, they could easily find the money.
No comments:
Post a Comment